Skip to content
Update – Group Indoor Classes Resume 17th May
- As per the government roadmap for England, adult indoor group exercise classes will be allowed to resume from Monday 17th May 2021.
- Covid secure guidelines must still be adhered too. Please familiarise yourself with the protocols for members below including cleaning of equipment, maintaining social distancing and following our one way system whilst using the gym.
- The coach will help ensure social distancing and Covid measures are followed.
- Drop-ins, Class Packs and Memberships are still available to purchase and you should continue to book in for each session as normal.
- There will continue to be open-gym space available throughout the day where members can follow their own programming. This must be booked via BoxMate.
COVID-19 Protocols for Members
- Please do not come to the gym if you are unwell or showing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Keep 2m distance between yourself and other members and staff at all times.
- There should be no physical contact between members and coaches. Unfortunately that’s no fist bumps or high fives, etc.
- Please only come to a class or session if you are booked in. If you are dropping in, you must also book this session in advance. If you need to cancel your place in class this will need to be done 2 hours before the class starts otherwise you will lose that booking.
- It is highly encouraged that where possible you arrive at the gym in your gym kit and travel home to change and shower. We understand this won’t always be possible so changing facilities will still be provided.
Floor Plan and Procedures
- Follow the one-way system. Please enter via the entrance on Rothbury Road and exit via the rear door to Meldola Yard, unless in the event of an emergency.
- Sanitize your hands as you enter and exit the gym at the provided sanitizing station.
- If queuing to enter the gym before your session please try to keep 2m apart.
- If there is a queue, please proceed directly to the class area and find a designated space which will be your workout zone for the period of the session. The coach will mark everyone that is in the class at some point during the hour.
- If you are arriving by bicycle and locking it up at the rear of the gym, please still enter the gym via the normal entrance on Rothbury Road to avoid congestion during session changeover times.
- Face masks should be worn when you are not taking part in a session.
- Please only use the changing rooms if completely necessary, such as if you are coming from or leaving to go to work. If you have a jacket / jumper or just a few belongings these can be kept with you in your individual training area during the session. Alternatively, belongings can be left in the open storage space and heavier outerwear can be hung on the coat hooks.
- Showers can be used but please only use them if completely necessary.
- The changing rooms will be limited to 3 people at any one time. Please adhere to social distancing in the changing rooms at all times.
- If you are using the hair dryers or hair straightener please sanitise the handles after your use. Only use this equipment if completely necessary.
- After the class please collect your belongings and leave the gym via the rear door to Meldola Yard.
- Please collect a personal sanitiser spray bottle and cloth on the way into the training area and proceed to a marked individual space. If possible please fill spaces from the front of the gym, facing the windows.
- Please sanitise your hands as you enter the training zone using your sanitizing spray bottle.
- If you arrive before your class starts and are waiting in the members lounge area, keep 2m distance.
- If you would like to stretch before your class this can be done in the members lounge or the self training area at the rear of the gym if there is space and you can maintain a 2m distance from others.
- Class capacity will be 18 per class and each participant will have a designated individual workout zone which is more than big enough to complete your workout comfortably.
- A piece of cardiovascular equipment will be in your individual workout area for the class. Please spray and wipe this down before and after your session. We will avoid sharing of equipment.
- Members in adjacent boxes should train back-to-back or side-to-side (rather than face-to-face) whenever possible.
- Please clean and sanitise your equipment and the floor properly after the class. There will be 10 minutes set aside at the end of every class to do this.
- Please leave the training floor promptly as your session finishes to reduce congestion during changeover times and if you are not leaving straight away please move to either the self training area (if there is space), or the members lounge.
- If you would like to use chalk please bring your own; we will not be using communal chalk.
- Air extraction and ventilation measures will be taken to mitigate the risks of transmission of COVID-19.
Members Lounge Area
- Please minimise the time you spend in the members lounge area, especially during peak hours.
- There should be no more than 9 people in the members lounge area at one time.
- If you wish to use the members lounge area after class please put on a clean T-Shirt if you are sweaty.
- We can only accept contactless payment methods for any purchases.
- We have a contracted cleaning company to perform regular deep cleaning of the gym.
- During each day high touch surfaces in communal areas will be disinfected regularly.
- Members will be responsible for cleaning their workout equipment after use. Coaches will also disinfect equipment throughout the day.